Direct marketing just works for small businesses and franchises.
It’s more affordable, and more easily measured. But, where should you start? If you’re looking for specific direct marketing ideas, you’re in the right place!
Here are 20 direct marketing tips to increase your sales–you’ll widen your prospect base, gain more new customers, and keep your current client base coming back for more!
1. Send a direct mail piece with a coupon for first-time customers.
2. Host a one-day-only sale. Generate excitement with direct mail, e-mail, and social media.
3. Create a Facebook contest for your customers.
4. Tell your customers what you want them to do. Every campaign should have a call to action.
5. Send a special ‘Thank You’ card to regular or loyal customers.
6. Use New Mover mailings to snag new clients as soon as they hit your area.
7. Focus on customer service. Place follow-up calls to first-time buyers to make sure they’re happy with their experience.
8. Ask current and past customers to provide honest online reviews.
9. Keep track of customer visits and purchases; send special offers to lapsed customers.
10. If your business is new within the last 6 months, be sure to hold a Grand Opening celebration and invest in a direct mail campaign directed toward a radius of your location.
11. Keep record of clients that purchased a basic product or service, then send them a coupon for an upgrade/additional product or service that pairs with their original purchase.
12. Offer a perk to customers who opt-in to e-mail communication. Send them special offers that no other clients receive.
13. Pick a customer at random each week to call, just to ask how you’re doing with them.
14. Start a referral program and advertise it to your social media followers.
15. Partner with neighboring businesses find ways you can cross-promote one another. It’s like getting access to a whole new prospect database!
16. Every few months, invest in a cool prize and hold a drawing for your Facebook fans.
17. Take a poll. Use social media and e-mail to ask your customers what they want. A new product? A new service? Then…give it to them. Roll it out with a substantial integrated campaign.
18. Get super targeted with your next direct mail campaign. Hone in on demographics like age, income level, and much more.
19. Send out frequent visitor cards. Clients will always be looking forward to be one purchase closer to their reward or freebie!
20. No matter your tactics–direct mail, e-mail marketing, or social media, etc.—ALWAYS have an expiration date to motivate your audience to act fast.
21. When new prospects respond to your direct mail card, have a ‘bonus’ offer ready for them if they pass the postcard on to a friend.
What tips would you add to this list? Have you taken action on any of the above tips? How have they worked for you?