Nestlé Purina PetCare Company plays a leading role in the pet care and products industry as a principal provider of quality food for household pets. Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, with 24 manufacturing plants, 13 sales offices and countless sales territories in North America, the company is the #1 U.S. pet care company in sales, volume and market share.
- 39% of U.S. Households own at least one dog and 33% own at least one cat
- Nestlé Purina North America represents approximately 58% of global pet care sales
- Nestlé Purina PetCare Company employs 7,000 people
Data Management and Complex Customized Fulfillment. These were the two biggest needs of CheckMark, Nestlé Purina’s creative communications and design agency, when they first came to Bluewater back in 1998.
The company needed a partner who could take action on the migration of one of their brand databases to segment, target and fulfill projects for brand promotions. CheckMark was planning promotions in which consumers would receive samples and other targeted messaging and needed detailed campaign management including segmentation as well as targeting at specific times.
They also needed a vendor who provided great service, cost-competitive rates and credible estimates, even with soft parameters or vague job requirements.
Bluewater provided the necessary service and support for the management and segmentation of hundreds of thousands of consumer records, making sure that every promotion was executed flawlessly and economically, reaching the right target with the right message at the right time. That was the solution for CheckMark and Nestlé Purina – delivering incredible service at competitive prices, filling every gap and ultimately making their promotions (and their lives) much easier.
- Customer profiling, segmentation and customer list management
- Creative problem solving, including answering a question before it’s even asked
- Smarter execution, reduction in postage costs and impeccable promotion campaign management
- Consolidated hundreds of packages into an efficient, smart, “one package” promotion using complex variable data
“Bluewater has always been excellent at seeing potential problems, and finding real solutions. Even large scale, one to one marketing campaigns with the most unique of requirements were not only met head-on, but embraced by the team that just wants to find real, effective solutions for their clients.”
- Ed Brekel, Targeted Promotion Manager, Nestlé Purina PetCare Company